With the winter setting in, northern Europe has been blanketed by snow and for many every day life seems to have ground to a halt. But spare a thought for those species exposed to the elements on a more regular basis. Hibernation isn’t always an option, so for the sake of survival, the need to venture out into the snow means that these beasties know the literal meaning of getting cold feet.
Which leads us to our next ARKive challenge…can you match the animal to the snowy track? Click on the image to reveal the answer and good luck!
1. Coming face to face with this large predator will be sure to leave you shivering in your boots!
2. This agile and graceful animal is well adapted for life on the edge.
3. A very elegant print left by the world’s largest wild canid.
4. Due to this species normal form of locomotion, this print is likely to be the only one around.
5. Not the quickest when walking, this species is able to toboggan across ice and snow.
Lauren Pascoe, ARKive Media Researcher