For our next challenge: Can you zoom out and name the species behind these very close up photographs? Click on the image to find out the answers – and good luck!
1. Rather than an unwanted sign of aging, wrinkles aid heat-regulation for this thick skinned mammal.
2. Such a bold and colourful coat, yet these African antelopes are usually shy and reclusive.
3. Next a superbly adapted aquatic predator that you would not want to mess with!
4. According to the popular saying, this species cannot change its spots. Know the answer? Find out why.
5. Black skin, thick white fur. A big help to surviving in cold, icy environments
6. Forget Joseph and his coat of many colours, this feathery coating is much more vibrant!
7. All those thorns make this species look quite devilish!
8. Armour-like skin provides a good defence against hungry predators!
Let us know how you get on – and watch this space for round two!
Lauren Pascoe, ARKive Media Researcher